Topic: VW Hebmuller Replica

Selling all steel Heb replica using a split window beetle as a donor car US $20,000 car in Uruguay
http://i13.tinypic.com/47ap9x1.jpg

Re: VW Hebmuller Replica

just me, or is that a bit steep for a 'replica' ?

-biggie

Nic: I thought so too, but maybe not for a metal body. Unfortunately, Heb356 failed to show us the quality of the work on the distinctive engine deck lid.....Maybe it's not a nice picture? And why would you spend that kind of money (or try to recoup that kind of money) by cannibalizing a split?? Good reconditioned/restored splits can be had for that kind of money......Not to mention shipping from Uruguay...(oops, I just mentioned it!).....

Clancy

I hope he really didnt cut up a split
zak

a bit rich for a replica and it doesn't look that good
what about shipping
joe

I will yield that I'm new to the VW scene and have no expertise in this wonderful world, but to the layman's eye, that car is...an...ummmm........acquired taste.

CD

Pugnare Fornicare Au Mort

http://i9.tinypic.com/53630vn.jpg
Here is the back side, re price I must remaind you that the OLD BUG replica Heb was sold for almost $40,000

Guys regardless of whether he cut up a splitty or not, 20K is excellent for this car. I have seen the Old Bug car and it is painted Agave, this car is more the correct colors for a Heb. Have you priced a Heb lately? The lowest price I have seen is $77K and it wasn't  that nice of a car. I don't knock guys for trying sell a car that is probably worth it just because I don't have $20K to buy it. You could get this car and take the time like Randy Carlson (Old Bug) did and find all the correct parts to make it more authentic. This is a hobby to a lot of guys and not a full time job. He didn't mention shipping but that could make it prohibitive. Shipping could be as low as $800...

Not a proud owner of Sally 1969 Sedan with a burned 1915 tiger under the deck lid.
Also George a 1957 Sedan, not yet started with Resto.

Anthony, thanks for taking up the Hebmuller replica issue, We belive there is a lot of anger among real Hebs owneres because in years to come some of our replicas will be passed on as originals. The first 10 we did in Australia were based on mid sixties beetles but the new ones made in Uruguay are all based on Split Window Beetles therefore there is hardly any difference with the Originals
The one on the picture is our 8th out of Uruguay.

My wife knows if I had the money I would definitely take you up on one of your replicas. What I truly like about the Heb is the fact that is more like a two seated roaster and far different from the regular verts that Cabriolet made. It looks like you guys did your homework. Let's face it  the Hebmueller factory is gone and not too many of us can afford the cost of the genuine article.

Not a proud owner of Sally 1969 Sedan with a burned 1915 tiger under the deck lid.

What is your company's name Heb356?
Do you have a website--I'd love to see what goes on there!

Patty B.
'69 stock bug

DUPLICATE POST - - - - -"See Events"

Can you send me more Detailed pictures I may be interested.
Thank you!!
conradnjosephine@aol.com

Just started building one of these little buggers wrecked 3 1960 bettles 1 1963 convertable and a oval owch ! I hope I can do a good job on it or there will be a linching at our V Dub club only way to get the rust free parts I needed . Where can I get a replica steel engine lid ? I will chop up a decklid and rear lid to make it but a bit messy . Maybe the way I have to go as in New Zealand no makers of such things . All half a world away ?

Last edited by AIDIOT (2009-09-25 02:07:00)

You need to do some research before you make that call. You will not be able to buy the real article under 80 thousand.